I’ve been AWOL for so long, and I’ve got no excuses. I’ve had brilliant ideas for blog posts, but they have remained just that – ideas, till events have superseded them and I no longer see them as viable topics. I have no idea as to how long this state of affairs would have continued for till I got tagged by FavouredGirl, and then went one step further by committing to posting before this weekend runs out. So here we are.
I’m supposed to write ten positive things about myself, so here goes.
- I try hard not to generalise because I know for a fact that not every Nigerian is a cyber-criminal attempting to scam you of your hard earned money. There is a saying that a fool and his money are soon parted but again I am sure this does not apply to all the 419 victims who decided to fly in the face of common sense and willingly divulge details of their bank accounts and or life savings to those Nigerians who do happen to be cyber criminals. I know that not every one who is of Oriental descent is a great cook, and not every one who happens to carry the sickle cell gene or traits thereof will die early in life due to a sickle cell related illness. Oh, and not every dictator will escape being beaten and shot in the head like a rabid dog while being surrounded by a crowd baying for his blood. So, I try not to generalise.
- I am outspoken. If I believe in a cause strongly enough, I will ensure my voice is heard. It is not essential that I sway others to my way of thinking, it is enough for me that I do not stay silent.
- I have a great sense of humour, and can see the humour in almost every situation, even at my own expense.
- I have a high pain threshold. This is very personal to me, and I am not stating this so the next time we meet you’ll squeeze my hand in a handshake so firm you’ll crack my bones just to check for the moment I’ll scream. I’m just saying this is something that has stood me in good stead over the years. Anyone that has been sliced open as many times as I have would appreciate this attribute too I’m sure.
- I am a good cook. I love food. I love to cook, and more often than not, I get compliments. Not always, but most times.
- I am feisty. Self-explanatory really.
- I do not get involved in pointless arguments. If for instance you believe you are descended from apes and monkeys, I won’t spend my time trying to make you believe that God once walked amongst us in human form, and then died, that we might live. I might share what I believe, but I won’t argue with you.
- I am friendly, though this is not always immediately apparent.
- I am adventurous. This has led to me travelling to places like Beirut and Leiden after striking up friendships with natives of the said places.
- I am a pretty good writer. It has taken me 22 minutes to write all this. Why then has it taken me so long to update this blog?
Thanks as always for stopping by . Please forgive any typos, and come back soon.